RCT are seeking a highly motivated and detail-orientated technician with excellent communication skills to join our customer service team in the Mount Isa, Queensland branch.
This position reports to the Mount Isa branch Customer Service Manager and will be a strategic member of RCT’s Australian east coast operations. The technician will be the company’s on-site representative and will, therefore, be responsible for developing healthy relationships with key maintenance personnel, providing on-the-ground product support and carrying out preventative and breakdown maintenance at customer sites in the area.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The installation, repair, and service of RCT’s suite of automation and specialist systems
- Commissioning, troubleshooting and maintaining RCT products in the field with the highest level of customer service
- The regular maintenance of highly accurate customer records via an online database
- Updating documentation and technical diagrams
- The design and implementation of electrical systems to meet customer-specific requirements
- The modification of existing products to meet customer requirements
- Bench repairs and testing of electronic/RF equipment
- Documenting tasks to assist in the generation of product and installation manuals
- Maintaining vehicle and workplace consistent with the company’s professional aesthetic
Knowledge, skills & ability:
- Extensive experience working with electrical/electronic systems on mobile equipment
- Relevant trade qualification (auto electrical or electronics and communications)
- The desire and ability to upskill in a highly innovative work environment
- The highest standard of workmanship
- The ability to use assorted electrical test equipment in fault-finding processes
- Excellent customer service and communication skills written and face to face
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Extensive product-based training
- The opportunity to work in a vertically integrated company that is a leader in the automation and control industry
To apply forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 16th November 2018.
* We reserve the right to withdraw this application prior to the closing date.
** Due to the high volume of applications received, only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.