Light vehicle fleet management and machine monitoring systems are playing an increasingly vital role in optimising operations, reducing the unplanned maintenance costs and improving operator safety for mining companies.
The innovative solution provides relevant, customised information to management at every level of the operation. The system can be installed on a diverse range of vehicles, regardless of make or model.
EarthTrack® Light Vehicle Machine Monitoring can be used to deliver machine and operator data from multiple light vehicles across a fleet.
It empowers management with information about machine and operator activity, resulting in improving light vehicle operations.
Lower maintenance costs from damage
and operator abuse.
Safer operation by encouraging better driving habits.
PRE-START AND POST-START CHECKLISTS
- Eliminates paper checklists and data input requirements, reduces administration time.
- Customised checklists can be assigned based on different machine types and operator requirements.
- Supports multiple shifts with adjustable start times and operator changes.
- Checklist questions can activate maintenance and critical alerts triggering email notifications to relevant authorised people.
- Critical alerts may be configured to place the machine into “out-of-service”. It provides complete customisation based on user preferences.
- All completed checklists can be sent via email to a specific individual or group.
- Checklists preferences can be altered easily at any time.
- Checklists questions can be constantly reordered ensuring operator engagement with the questions.
VEHICLE AND ENGINE SPEED MONITORING
The information Provided:
- The machine ground speed and engine RPM is displayed on the screen for the operator to view.
- When an operator exceeds a pre-set speed, there will be a warning and alarm on the EarthTrack® display. Reporting is available for all speed violations with details of the operator and duration of the offence.
- Separate ground speed thresholds may be applied for Underground or Surface applications and hazardous or high pedestrian traffic areas by the incorporation of Geofences.
Out-of-Service feature allows machines to be locked out of general use, still allowing supervisors or maintenance personnel to move the equipment.
This is to prevent operation of machines which maybe damaged/unsafe due to “unplanned reasons”. This feature can also prevent operation of machines for “planned reasons” such as scheduled services.
- Eliminated paper tags results in reduced administration costs.
System limits machine access to authorised people.
- Out-of-Service may be automatically applied when a critical event occurs.
- Prevents use of machines that are due for schedule maintenance.
VEHICLE IMPACT MONITORING
Captures vehicle impact events across three configurable thresholds: low, medium and high.
GROUND SPEED ZONING
Intended to be used in conjunction with a Muirhead® Speed Limiter to physically limit the maximum vehicle speeds through Geofenced areas/zones.
Voltage-free NO/NC contacts available to interface with machine and accessories activated by critical events such as checklist, events and impacts.
Daily, weekly and monthly summary reporting provides an overview of all violations and events across the light vehicle fleet.
Cellular/Mobile or Wi-Fi network communications.
Reports on battery voltage and provides the operator warnings for low battery.
SEAT BELT MONITORING
Alerts and reports when the seat belt is not worn.
Highlight desired outcomes to reveal specific data.
Provide alerts around servicing times, which can be programmed around machine hours or a time-based schedule.
Summary reports outlining daily information, with drill down for more detailed information around specific events.
Export information in multiple formats including CSV, PDF, PNG image or scalable SVG web graphic.
OPERATOR ACCESS CONTROL
Only licenced operators will be able to use the equipment via card reader or keypad. It also identifies licence information, expiry dates and training requirements.